January 30, 2005

The rank of love, Part 3: john love

The continuing saga of how to find john love in the Google search engine.

I discovered in late December that my main web site, ejohnlove.com is back at #1 in the Google search engine again! If you enter the word john followed by a space, and then the word love and hit enter, my web site pops up at number one out of over 23 million search results.

I was afraid that after losing this wonderful ranking a few months ago, it would never happen again, but I suppose the loss was only a temporary one, possibly Google doing a clean-up or re-evaluation of it's data, or something.

Anyway, people seem to search for john love in Google every day. I don't know what they're looking for exactly, but if it was me, at least I know I'm not that hard to find. (I guess that's a good thing. I still haven't decided why I think it's a good thing...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you spam your domain enough, anything is possible. *cough* http://www.google.com/search?num=100&q=ejohnlove.%2Bcom *cough*

E. John Love said...

Okay - I don't disagree with you. A lot of time and energy has been spent propagating that little "brand"...